Each student in the program will be supported for up to two years with over $40,000 of benefits each year. The specific benefits will be:
- A graduate student will be paid a stipend of at least $32,000 per year.
- All applicable tuition and fees, including any out-of-state and graduate student fees, will be paid on behalf of the scholarship recipients. This support is provided in addition to the stipend and includes:
- Paid graduate tuition
- Heath insurance coverage up to $2,000 annually
- Professional development allowance
- Book allowance
- Each student will be assigned to exploratory research projects investigating issues related to large externally funded projects. Additional academic year funding may be available to most students involved in these projects.